Middletown Nissan of CT LLC DBA Middletown Nissan
Reports to: General Manager
Position Summary: Sales Manager is responsible for meeting the dealership’s budget for gross profit, volume and customer satisfaction standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Recruiting / Selection of Candidates:
- Identify sources for sales staff
- Interview prospective candidates for employment
- Select candidates who have the skills and abilities to meet the dealership’s production and customer service standards. Maintain proper staff levels.
Orienting and Training the Selected Candidates:
- Conduct on-going training to ensure adherence to our established selling procedures, road to a sale, tour of dealership, etc.;
- Conduct specific training to include product knowledge, prospecting, overcoming objections, etc.
- Schedule salespeople in a fair, equal manner
- Enforce guest log to ensure all opportunities are accounted for and followed up
- Thank all guests for coming in and ensure proper procedures (road to a sale)
- Inform guests of right from the start, brochure and give them first service appointment
- Help the sales staff manage their time to maximize their efforts
- Enforce road to a sale and tour of dealership
- Follow up with sales staff regarding their achievements and deficiencies daily (monthly reviews)
- Counsel with staff as necessary
- Develop positive and productive working relationship throughout the Auto Group, F&I, Accounting, Pre-Owned, Operators, etc.
- Sales Manager is responsible for the collection of all rebates, dealer cash,and full knowledge of all programs available;
Supervising and Motivating the Sales Staff:
- Develop future assistant managers through job growth and performance;
- Evaluate sales staff
- Be a role model to sales staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Two years of sales experience. Supervisory experience preferred. Professional personal appearance.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registration:
Current, valid, driver's license; satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) acceptable to the company’s insurance company in order to operate vehicles. May go on test-drives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.